Tuesday, September 22, 2009

prepping for Halloween

I re-did Abby's tinkerbell dress yesterday. It was cute, but I made it better! the elastic was rotten so I took it out of the short sleeves and then sewed them up to make them cap sleeves instead --and now I hope it isn't itchy anymore. I also took the ugly chartreuse lace off the neck. I love the way her shoes turned out! I got some cloth shoes on clearance at payless and painted them green, added sparkles, and put a sparkly pom-pom on the toe. I made a hair bow, but I doubt she'll wear it. I also got a $.50 wand and put some green, silver and white ribbons on it.

Amber Lee already has a dress, it just needs ironing. Now I'm going to sew a cloak/cape for her. I got a remnant of green velvet, I hope it's big enough. She's going to be Christmas Belle. I don't know what to do for shoes, she could probably wear something she already has. I would like to do something with her hair, I'll have to ask her what she wants.

Alex wants to be an army soldier. I have to take back the outfit I got him and find something else. Apparently a pilot it NOT the same as a soldier.

I'd love to dress up too, but I don't want to spend any money! so I probably won't again.

I can't wait to add pics!

No comments: